As the monsoon is here can Ilish be far behind. First thing that monsoon brings to our mind is Ilish (Hilsa Fish) which is a delicacy to Bengalees and is very near to our heart. Today Andarmahal is presenting the recipe of Bhapa ilish Recipe to you
1. Hilsa fish (Ilish) = 500 gm
2. Mustard paste = 2 Tablespoon
3. Poppy seed (posto ) paste = 2 Tablespoon
4. Sour curd = 4 Tablespoon
5. Green chilli = 5 pieces
6. Mustard oil = 4 Tablespoon
7. Salt to taste
8. Turmeric powder = 1 Tablespoon
1. Boil 6-7 cups of water in a flat bottomed vessel.
2. Keep a bowl in that boiled water.
3. Make a paste of salt, turmeric powder, mustard paste, poppy paste, sour curd, green chillies and mustard oil.
4. Keep the hilsa fish pieces in that bowl & pour the created paste on it. Smear the paste properly with the fishes.
5. Cover the vessel & boil the water. Then leave it in low flame & steam the bowl for 25 mins.
6. Take out the bhapa ilish from the bowl and serve with rice.