Chingri Malaikari is one of the most favorite prawn dishes among food loving Bengalis. Andarmahal loves to share the recipe today
- 6 Big prawns.
- One big coconut properly properly crushed.
- 8 Green chilies.
- 2 Table spoons red chilies.
- 2 Table spoons smashed ginger.
- 1 Tea spoon smashed garlic.
- 1 Table spoon turmeric.
- 3 Chopped onions.
- 1 Table spoon garam masala.
- Grind crushed coconut in mixer with little water and squeeze it to extract the coconut milk.
- Clean and process the prawns by removing the covers. Smear them with salt & turmeric.
- Heat one cup white oil & fry the prawns. Keep fried prawn & its oil aside.
- Heat one cup white oil & fry the onions to red and keep them aside.
- In the same hot oil pour broken garam masala, ginger, garlic, smashed red chili, turmeric and 2 tea spoon of sugar.
- Stir & fry properly and mix the oil kept from the fried prawns.
- Mix the fried onions, fried prawns, coconut milk and salt to taste.
- Add green chilies and mix carefully so that prawns don’t break. Boil for sometime.
- Take out and serve hot.