Fish and rice reside at the heart of any Bengali dish. Bengalis cannot live without fish. Today Andarmahal is going to present Tilottama Rui, i.e. Rohu Cooked with White Sesame Seeds, an authentic bengali recipe to serve your friends and guests.
1) 6 to 7 pieces of a rohu fish, each weighing apprx 100 gms.
2) White sesame seeds 4 table spoons.
3) White mustard 2 tea spoons.
4) 7 to 8 green chilies.
5) 6 pieces garlic.
6) 3/4 th cup of mustered oil.
7) Ginger paste 1 tea spoon.
8) Small turmeric.
9) Salt as required.
10) Milk – 2 table spoons.
1) Smear salt and turmeric on the fishes and fry them.
2) Fry sesame seeds on a dry tawa and semi-dust in grinder.
3) Paste 2 green chilies and white mustard with 1/4 th cup of water in grinder.
4) Heat the tawa, add mustard oil, add garlic & ginger paste and add the rest of the chillies. Stir and fry lightly.
5) Dissolve mustard paste in little water and add. Add the milk.
6) Add the fried fishes.
7) Dilute sesame seed paste in water, spread it on the fishes, cover and cook for 10 minutes in steam.
8) Add required quantity of salt.
9) Boil for 3 to 4 mins, keep out of flame for sometime, garnish and serve.